Recently Indian Railways launched a new Online railway retiring room booking service from Indian Railway Catering Tourism Corporation (IRCTC). Apart from the station booking, passengers can now book railway retiring rooms online.
To book a retiring room at the railway station one must have a confirmed rail ticket or at least an RAC ticket. Online booking of railway retiring room can be done for e-ticket, I-ticket, Tatkal ticket and even on a counter ticket with its PNR number for online booking of retiring rooms.
Online retiring room booking is launched on both the websites of IRCTC, www.irctc.co.in and www.irctctourism.com.
Railways Retiring Rooms facility is available only in few railway stations across India, they are available in Single, Double and Dormitory type of occupancy with AC and Non AC combination.This facility is available on only in 485 railway stations as on 1st August 2016. You can check the list of the stations at www.irctctourism.com website.
How to book a Railway retiring room online?
- Open www.irctctourism.com
- Now click on Accommodation menu, and select Retiring Rooms option.
- Here enter your PNR number and search the available retiring rooms at source or destination station and book it.
- The duration of retiring room booking is minimum 12 Hrs to maximum 48 Hrs.
How to cancel a retiring room online?
- Visit www.irctctourism.com
- Login with your user id and password if you have booked with your Registered user account otherwise for guest login use the email and mobile number.
- Then select “Retiring Room Booked Ticket Option”
- Select your ticket which is to be cancelled and click on the cancel ticket option
Charges for Cancellation of Retiring Rooms:
- 10% deduction on cancellation in advance of 48 hrs of the day of occupation.
- 50% deduction on cancellation within a period of less than 48 hrs to the day of occupation.
- 100% deduction on cancellation on the day of occupation.
- Passenger wise cancellation is not allowed, only Room wise cancellation is allowed.
If more than one room/dormitory is booked and cancellation is being done for few room/dormitory then cancellation rule 1, 2 and 3 will be applicable for room/dormitory as per case.